There are plenty Green Bay homes for sale by owner. You would love to win over a buyer to purchase your home right? Remember, even in a sellers market, there are usually hundreds of homes for sale in the greater Green Bay market
You only get one first impression to lure a potential home buyer to make an offer on your home. Try the following helpful hints, or real estate professional tricks, to set the stage to capture a buyer for your home! These tips will help you secure a buyer even if they go through your open house with a real estate broker Green Bay Wi:
– You want to make sure your home feels welcoming and sends the right message to buyers. If you are greeting them, be positive and gracious, provide them with a few quick details and let them feel welcome to look through the home. Let them know you will be around to answer any questions they might have.
– Assure them that there is no rush. They need ample time to go through everything without you watching over them. Limiting their time could imply that you are hiding something!
– Ensuring you do not make them take off their shoes at the entrance. However, if you just had new white carpeting installed, or if it just rained outside you may want to ask them too.
– Be mindful of external temperatures. Turn on your ceiling fans, conditioner or heater appropriately. Now is not the time to worry about utility bills.
– It is vital to remember that your air fresheners may not be pleasant to the buyer. Keep your fresheners off, do not spray your bedroom with any perfume or worse off burn your candles. If possible, open windows and get fresh air into your home.
– Better yet, bake fresh cookies or other bakery items that bring a fresh smell into your home. Good smells conjure good memories from the past. These associations are great for buyers.
– Even better, leave those fresh baked goodies out for potential buyers. Or provide snacks, desserts or cold drinks. Ensure you set the table even if you choose to go for paper products.
– Make sure you declutter, and remove as many knickknacks and family pictures as possible. Potential buyers have a hard time looking beyond your possessions and imagining how their items will look in your home. The key is for the buyer to mentally see themselves in the home. Once they do, they want it, and are always willing to pay a little more for a home they mentally see themselves owning.
– Encourage buyers to touch surfaces and have a feel of your fabrics.
– Lighting is essential. Use spot lighting behind your furniture in dark rooms. As for the rest of the house, ensure appliance and closet lights are all turned on.
– Finalize the entire plan by encouraging feedback. You do not have to make it loud. Use polite methods like leaving behind a pen and a guest book for their review. Alternatively, you could use pre-printed questionnaires close to the snacks. It is expected that they will reply positively. Above all, ensure their response is left as anonymous!